With hints of garlic, chiles, ginger, and more, the peanut sauce is what gives this dish its zing. The recipe calls for cooking the shrimp in a grill pan, but you can also grill them over gas or charcoal outdoors.
Shrimp Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Write a review
- 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- 36 fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Thai garlic-chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer.
- In a grill pan, heat remaining tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until firm and pink.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, water, Thai chile-garlic sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper, whisking to combine well. Garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/