With just a few ingredients, these sprinkled tarts are as simple as they are tasty.
Blackberry Pie Tarts
- 2 (14.1-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- Garnish: sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts, and square the edges. Cut into 4½x3-inch rectangles. Place 1 slice cream cheese on half of rectangles. Spoon ½ tablespoon preserves over cream cheese. Brush edges of dough with egg, and top with remaining rectangles. Crimp edges with a fork. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. In another small bowl, stir together remaining ½ cup confectioners' sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon milk, and remaining 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves. Spoon glazes over cooled tarts. Garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Let stand for 1 hour before serving.