This giant sugar cookie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a recipe for pure, indulgent fun.
Skillet Lemon Cookie
Makes 1 (10-inch) cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon large decorative white sugar crystals
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at high speed until creamy. Add eggs, beating until well combined. Stir in zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with decorative sugar.
- Bake until light golden brown and almost set in the center, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil to prevent excess browning. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!