These Smoked Salmon Canapés are perfect additions for spring and summer menus.
Smoked Salmon Canapés
Makes 16 canapés
- 16 slices pumpernickel bread
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 16 slices cucumber
- 1 (6-ounce) package smoked salmon
- Garnish: fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from bread slices. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, green onion, capers, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble: Place 1 cucumber slice in the center of each bread round. Top each with 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture. Shape smoked salmon into rosettes on top of sour cream. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.