Smoked Turkey Tetrazzini
Makes about 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken in half and cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound smoked turkey, chopped
- 1¼ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a shallow 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms soften and begin to release their liquid, about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom mixture, spaghetti, turkey, cheeses, salt, and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together soup and milk. Pour over turkey mixture, stirring until coated. Spoon into prepared dish. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and pepper, if desired. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Kitchen Tip: This will also work with other pasta shapes, such as cavatappi.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!