These classic Smoky Cheese Straws are delightful combination of Cheddar and Gouda cheese. Add this delectable appetizers to your spring and summer event menus for your guests to enjoy.
- 1 (8-ounce) block smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) round smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses and butter. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper. Gradually add flour mixture to cheese mixture until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 6x½-inch strips, and place on prepared pans. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to let cool completely.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!