These classic Smoky Cheese Straws are delightful combination of Cheddar and Gouda cheese. Add this delectable appetizers to your spring and summer event menus for your guests to enjoy.
Smoky Cheese Straws
Makes about 5 dozen
- 1 (8-ounce) block smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) round smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses and butter. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper. Gradually add flour mixture to cheese mixture until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 6x½-inch strips, and place on prepared pans. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to let cool completely.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!