Simple and sweet, these cookies are the perfect treat for the holidays.
Write a review
- 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cups firmly packed graham-cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ( 11.5-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄2 cups marshmallow bits*
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (about crackers), broken into pieces
- Garnish: marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham-cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Beat in chocolate chunks and marshmallow bits. Beat in graham crackers, beating just until combined.
- Drop cookies by rounded table- spoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on to prepared baking sheets. Garnish tops of cookies with additional marshmallow bits, if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- *For testing purposes, we used Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/