A classic fall cookie, these snickerdoodles serve as a festive dessert.
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 1⁄2 cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for to hours 1 to 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar and tablespoon cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar mixture, and place inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for minutes. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/