Socialite Shirred Eggs with Prosciutto and Spinach
Write a review
- Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup chopped prosciutto
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach, stems removed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onion, prosciutto, bell pepper, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon pepper and salt.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly among 4 (4-ounce) shirred-egg dishes. Pour 1 tablespoon cream over spinach mixture in each dish. Crack 1 egg into each dish. Pour 1 tablespoon cream over each egg, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place baking dishes on a 13x9-inch rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven. Pour enough hot water into pan to reach halfway up sides of dishes. Bake until whites are just set but yolks are runny, 10 to 12 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- According to the USDA, people with health problems, the very young, the elderly, and pregnant women should avoid eating foods containing raw eggs.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/