Serve the egg in a demitasse cup for a sweet, inspired presentation.
Soft-Cooked Egg and Spring Salad
Write a review
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby arugula leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup ricotta salata cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 soft-cooked eggs
- Dijon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine arugula, radish, tomatoes, cucumber, and cheese. Drizzle with desired amount of Dijon Vinaigrette, tossing to combine. Season salad with salt and pepper. Divide salad among 6 serving plates. Serve each salad with 1 soft-cooked egg and remaining Dijon Vinaigrette, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar and shallot. Let shallot sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Add mustard to vinegar mixture, whisking to combine.
- Add chives, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper, whisking to combine. Whisking constantly, gradually add olive oil until all is combined. Whisk until smooth. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/