Smoked Trout Dip
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces smoked trout fillet
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh chives
- Sea Salt and Poppy Seed Crackers (recipe follows)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Using a fork, mash to desired consistency. Garnish with fresh chives, if desired. Serve with Sea Salt and Poppy Seed Crackers.
Sea Salt and Poppy Seed Crackers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, sugar, and poppy seeds. Pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. With processor running, add half-and-half in a slow, steady stream just until dough comes together. Turn out dough, and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Divide dough in half. On a silicone baking mat or sheet of parchment, roll one half of dough into a 15-inch rectangle. (Roll out dough as thinly as possible.) Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 2- or 3-inch squares. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer silicone mats to baking sheets, and bake until crackers are crisp and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.