Fall Apple and Gorgonzola Bruschetta
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
- 1 (8.5-ounce) baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, finely crumbled
- Candied Walnuts (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to broil. Slice baguette into ¼-inch pieces, and arrange on a baking pan. Brush with olive oil, and broil until crisp and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Top baguette slices with apple, Gorgonzola, and walnuts. Drizzle with honey just before serving.
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup walnut halves
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring ¼ cup water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add walnuts to pan, and stir to coat. Remove to baking sheet, and let cool.