Sparkling Clementine Cocktail
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups gin
- ¾ cup Clementine Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1¾ cups brut sparkling wine, chilled
- Garnish: sliced clementine
- In a pitcher, stir together gin, Clementine Simple Syrup, and ice. Strain mixture into 8 serving glasses. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with clementines, if desired.
Clementine Simple Syrup
Makes ¾ cup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 clementines, halved and squeezed
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, ½ cup water, and clementine juice and halves to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until sugar is dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discard clementine halves. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!