These tender Spicy Marinated Fillets are perfect during grilling season. Serve them with Overstuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes.
Spicy Marinated Fillets
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- In a medium bowl, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, basil, pepper, red pepper, and onion powder. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking to combine well. Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over steaks. Seal bag, and chill for at least 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove beef from marinade; set aside marinade. Cook steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° F to 400° F) about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
Kitchen Tip: Spicy marinade gives tenderloin steaks a kick, but if you prefer something milder, omit the ground red pepper flakes. The marinade also doubles as a delicious sauce; simply follow these directions: Place marinade in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Serve with steaks, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!