These Spinach and Fontina Mini Quiche are a delightful treat.
Spinach and Fontina Mini Quiche
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup finely shredded fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: ground red pepper, chopped
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll each pie crust. Using a 2 3/4-inch round cutter, cut 12 circles from each pastry. Press pastry into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cheese, bell pepper, and green onion. Divide spinach mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm. Garnish with red pepper and chopped fresh thyme, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/