Spring Vegetable Medley
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 pound baby starburst squash
- 1 pound baby pattypan squash
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) bag sugar snap peas
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, bring 3 quarts water and salt to a boil over high heat. Add carrots, return to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Add squash; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove vegetables from water; drain.
- In Dutch oven, heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add peas, shallot, and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add carrots and squash; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add parsley, chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!