These delightful Strawberry Balsamic Mascarpone Bites are a treat!
Strawberry Balsamic Mascarpone Bites
Serves: 62 servings
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8.5-ounce) thin baguette
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until vinegar is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof bowl, and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, cut baguette into ⅛-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared pans, and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone and pepper. Spread mascarpone mixture onto crostini. Top with strawberries, and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!