Enjoy the sweet taste of this Strawberry Basil Cocktail on warm summer days!
Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Makes 1 serving
- 3 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons light agave nectar
- 1½ ounces cachaça (or white rum)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- Garnish: fresh strawberry slice, fresh basil leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle basil and strawberries. Add agave nectar, cachaça, and lemon juice. Add ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass; top with club soda. Garnish with a strawberry slice and basil, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!