Strawberry and Lavender Sorbet
Write a review
- Makes 5 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh strawberries, dried lavender
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, water, and lavender. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture forms syrup, 10 minutes; strain and let cool completely.
- In the container of a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and lemon juice; process until pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine syrup and strawberry puree. Place mixture in ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, until firm; store in freezer.
- To serve, spoon sorbet into a bowl or glass, and garnish with fresh strawberries and dried lavender, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/