Write a review
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (1-pound) container fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh mint
- 2 cups tonic water or club soda, chilled
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh strawberries, fresh mint, lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries, and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and add mint.
- Cover, and steep for 10 minutes. Strain syrup, discarding solids. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- In a pitcher, combine the strawberry simple syrup you just made, tonic water or club soda, and lemon juice, stirring gently to combine. Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh strawberries, fresh mint, and lemon slices, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/