Savor the taste of these Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars with a teacup full of your favorite brew.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, 1 cup sugar, oats, butter, vanilla, and salt with a mixer at medium-low speed until mixture is crumbly. Press 1¼ cups mixture into prepared pan.
- In another large bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, cornstarch, lemon juice, and remaining ½ cup sugar. Pour fruit mixture over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars.