Layered pound cake, fresh strawberries, almond, amaretto, and vanilla whipped cream create these pretty and delicious Strawberry Shortcakes.
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup amaretto, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: toasted sliced almonds,
- fresh mint
- Using a 2½-inch fluted round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pound cake layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup amaretto, and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream, almond extract, remaining ¼ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup amaretto, and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a serving plate, place 1 pound cake round; layer with strawberries and whipped cream. Repeat layers once. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish with almonds and mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!