Enjoy these Strawberry Tea Sandwiches—a recipe perennially loved by Southern Lady readers—for afternoon teatime or weekend luncheons.
Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 24 slices thin white bread, crusts removed
- 15 sliced fresh strawberries
- Garnish: fresh baby basil leaves
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place cream cheese, mayonnaise, and salt. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Stir in basil.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto half of bread slices. Top with sliced strawberries. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut into triangles. Cover with a damp paper towel, and store in a sealed container to keep bread from drying out. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!