Savor the fresh fruit flavor of this pretty Summer Fruit and Goat Cheese Mousse Tart.
Summer Fruit and Goat Cheese Mousse Tart
Makes 1 (11-inch) tart
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Goat Cheese Mousse (recipe follows)
- 6 fresh peaches, sliced ¾ inch thick
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup apricot preserves, melted
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Beat in cream. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Press dough into bottom and up sides of a round (11-inch) tart pan. Cut a circle out of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the crust. Place pie weights in a single layer to cover parchment. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pie weights and parchment, and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool in pan completely.
- Spread Goat Cheese Mousse evenly into prepared tart crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, water, and lemon juice, tossing gently to coat. Drain peaches through a fine-mesh strainer. Arrange peaches in concentric circles on top of mousse; brush with preserves. Remove from tart pan. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Goat Cheese Mousse
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, beat cream at high speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and ginger. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold cheese mixture into whipped cream. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!