This Summer Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette showcases some of the season’s brightest flavors.
Summer Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- ¾ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 recipe Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, radishes, and onion. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
- ½ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup light olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, garlic salt, and pepper. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in oil. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!