There’s nothing quite like a cold glass of sweet tea on a warm day in the South, and our Summertime Sweet Tea is sure to hit the spot!
Summertime Sweet Tea
- 3 quarts cold water, divided
- 3 family-size tea bags*
- Strawberry Lemon Mint Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh strawberries, lemon slices, fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart water to a boil; remove from heat. Add tea bags; cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea into a large pitcher. Add Strawberry Lemon Mint Syrup and remaining 2 quarts water, stirring to mix well.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh strawberries, lemon slices, and fresh mint, if desired.
*We used Luzianne Family Tea Bags.
Strawberry Lemon Mint Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh mint
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries and lemon zest. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and add mint leaves. Cover, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain syrup, discarding solids, and let cool completely.