Apple cider vinegar, fresh dill, garlic, coriander seed, mustard seed, and crushed red pepper give these Sweet and Crunchy Pickles plenty of flavor.
- 1¼ cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 pounds miniature seedless cucumbers, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegars, sugar and salt to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 cups cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, dill, garlic, coriander seed, mustard seed, and red pepper. Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours or up to 1 week.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!