Graham cracker crust, cinnamon, nutmeg, potatoes, marshmallows, and cream cheese blend to create scrumptious Sweet Potato Pie Bars.
Sweet Potato Pie Bars
Makes about 16
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup plus ⅓ cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1½ cups mashed sweet potato
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup sugar, and
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter, stirring until combined. Press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato and cream cheese with a mixer at high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add half-and-half and remaining ¾ cup sugar; beat for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter, and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, beating just until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until filling is set around the edges and center jiggles slightly, about 45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and place on a small baking sheet. Cut into 16 (2x2-inch) bars; sprinkle with marshmallows. Broil until toasted. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!