No Thanksgiving table is complete without sweet potatoes. Try our sweet potatoes au gratin this season for a fun twist on a classic side dish.
Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin
Write a review
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1
- 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 11⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 11⁄2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Garnish: chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, salt, and pepper; whisk until salt dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, combine cheeses.
- In a 9x9-inch baking dish, layer half of sweet potatoes, half of cheese, and half of cream mixture; repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 11⁄2 hours.
- Remove foil, and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/