This fuss-free jalapeño slaw is a blend of shredded coleslaw, red and green onion, and sliced peppers, all tossed in a creamy dressing with a hint of sweetness.
Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Slaw
Make 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bag shredded coleslaw
- 1 to 2 small jalapeño peppers*, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, stir together coleslaw, jalapeño, red onion, and green onion. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, confectioners’ sugar, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cumin until smooth. Add dressing to coleslaw mixture, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!