Succulent shrimp, juicy mango, and plenty of seasonal veggies are stir-fried to perfection. Serve this Asian-inspired dish with jasmine rice.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp and Mango Stir-Fry
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds (13- to 15-count) large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (6-ounce) package snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango (about 3 medium mangoes)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions and served hot
- Garnish: fresh basil, fresh mint, lime slices
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry, garlic, ginger, red pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in batches and cook until pink and firm; remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, add salt, bell peppers, onion, and snow peas; stir-fry until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Return shrimp to pan and add mango and green onions; cook until heated through. Add coconut milk mixture, tossing to coat; cook until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil, cilantro, mint, and lime juice. Serve over hot rice. Garnish with basil, mint, and lime, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!