A Tangy Avocado-Mango Salad brims with fruits and vegetables from the day’s harvest. Get the complete Seeds of Friendship menu in our May/June 2021 issue.
Tangy Avocado-Mango Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups ripe mango, peeled and sliced (about 2 mangoes), divided
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups mixed fresh salad greens
- 1 cup ripe avocado, peeled and sliced (2 small avocados), divided
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Manchego cheese, divided
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon salted roasted pepitas, divided
- In the container of a blender, combine vinegar, ½ cup mango, jalapeño, garlic, and salt. Cover and process until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of container as needed. With blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until combined.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl or on a serving platter. Add ¾ cup avocado, ¾ cup blackberries, ⅓ cup cheese, ¼ cup pepitas, and ⅔ cup mango to salad greens. Drizzle with ½ cup vinaigrette and gently toss to coat. Top with remaining ¼ cup avocado, ¼ cup blackberries, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon pepitas, and ⅓ cup mango. Serve with remaining ½ cup vinaigrette.
Kitchen Tip: Pair this salad with grilled chicken or salmon for a hearty offering.