Pickle juice in the marinade is the secret to this chicken’s distinctive flavor.
Tangy Herb-Marinated Chicken
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups pickle juice and brining mixture, from 2 (24-ounce) pickle* jars
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 10 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- *For testing purposes, we used Claussen Dill Pickle Halves.
- In a large bowl, combine pickle juice, garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire, seasoned salt, and oil, whisking to combine. Add parsley, dill, rosemary, and oregano, stirring well.
- Divide chicken breasts among 3 resealable plastic bags. Pour marinade over top. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 12 hours, turning bags halfway through chilling time.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (approximately 350° to 400°). Cook over direct heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Move to indirect heat. Cook until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 180°, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/