Ground chuck beef, yellow onions, bell peppers, garlic, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, black beans, corn, and Monterey Jack cheese create a delicious Tex-Mex Lasagna.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole-kernel yellow corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (16-ounce) block mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large Dutch oven, combine ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes, black beans, corn, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, ricotta cheese, eggs, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spread 2 cups meat sauce evenly over the bottom of a 13x9x3-inch pan. Layer one-half of lasagna noodles on top of meat sauce. Spread one-half of remaining meat sauce on top of noodles. Top with one-half of sour cream mixture and one-half of cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
nonstick cooking spray. Follow steps 2 through 4. Cover dish with heavy-duty
aluminum foil, and freeze.
Reheating Instructions: Preheat oven to 300°. Bake, still covered in foil, for 2½ hours. Increase oven temperature to 350°; remove foil, and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!