Raw Zucchini and Yellow Squash Salad with Chamomile Dressing
Write a review
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup dried chamomile
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (from ½ lime)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups chopped squash
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (about 1 large)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced spring onions (¼ pound)
- Bring the water to a boil, add to the chamomile, and let steep and cool for one hour. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the dressing.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons chamomile liquid with oil, lime juice, honey, vinegar, and salt. Whisk together.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash, zucchini, and onions with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/