Try this Tilapia with Leek, Carrot, and Vanilla Bean en Papillote for a satisfying weeknight dinner.
Tilapia with Leek, Carrot, and Vanilla Bean en Papillote
Makes 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups julienned leek
- 3 cups julienned carrot
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 (6-inch) vanilla beans, split lengthwise and then crosswise
- 8 thin slices lemon
- Garnish: ground black pepper, fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leek and carrot; cook for
- minutes. Add stock, soy sauce, and seeds from 2 pieces of vanilla bean. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Fold 4 (14x12-inch) pieces of parchment paper in half. Using scissors, cut parchment into a heart shape (A). Unfold paper, and arrange about 1 cup leek mixture on one side of heart. Top with 1 fish fillet, 2 lemon slices, and 2 pieces of vanilla bean (B). Fold other half of paper over fish. Working from top end, begin folding open edge of paper (C). Continue folding paper’s open edge to form a seal (D). Twist paper at end. Repeat with remaining paper, leek mixture, fish, lemon, and vanilla bean pieces. Place packets on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating pans after 10 minutes. Place packets on serving plates. Cut open top. Garnish with pepper and parsley, if desired.
Discover seasonal recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!