This Rice Pilaf is an appetizing mixture of tomatoes, yellow onions, and garlic.
Tomato Garlic Rice Pilaf
Makes 10 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook tomatoes in oil until tender, 1 minute. Add onion and garlic, stirring to combine. Cook until onion begins to turn translucent, 2 to 4 minutes. Add ketchup, stirring to combine. Add rice; cook for 2 minutes, stirring to make sure all rice is coated. Add water.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Cover, and cook for 17 minutes. Remove from heat, but keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Add cilantro, stirring to combine.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!