Enjoy this delicious Orzo Pilaf with Tomatoes & Feta with your favorite summer entree. Try it with Grilled Salmon with Basil-Lime Butter Sauce and Grilled Zucchini & Summer Squash.
Orzo Pilaf with Tomatoes & Feta
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 quarts water
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine water and 2 teaspoons salt over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Add orzo; cook for 8 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, parsley, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until heated through. Remove from heat. Add feta, tossing gently to combine.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more, plus seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!