Savor the sweetness of winter with a decadent dessert featuring layers of chocolate sprinkled with almonds.
Triple Chocolate-Almond Decadence
Write a review
- 2 (19-ounce) boxes brownie mix*
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Frangelico
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Line 2 (9-inch) pans with aluminum foil; spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions; let cool completely in pan. Remove brownie from pan. Cut into 9 (3-inch) circles. Cut circles in half horizontally.
- Spread almonds in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 4 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, micro- wave white chocolate in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between each interval. Add cream cheese to melted white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture into piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar, Frangelico, and water, whisking well. Bring to a boil over medium- high heat. Reduce heat to a low boil. Cook for 1 minute, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pipe cream cheese onto 2 brownie rounds. Stack rounds on top of each other, pressing gently. Gently press a third brownie round (no icing) cut side down on top of cream cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining brownie rounds and cream cheese mixture. Place on serving plates. Spoon chocolate Frangelico sauce over the top, and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
- *For testing purposes, we used Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/