Serve a side of cheesy garlic bread with our crowd-pleasing Meatball and Bowtie Pasta Casserole, packed with Parmesan, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
Meatball and Bowtie Pasta Casserole
Makes about 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (12-ounce) bags Italian-style meatballs*, thawed
- 1 pound bowtie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 (23.5-ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a shallow 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine meatballs, pasta, marinara sauce, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add 2 cups mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan, stirring until coated. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella and remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Garnish with basil and pepper, if desired.
*We used Rosina Celentano Italian Style Meatballs.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!