This decadent Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate and Cherries is the perfect summer sweet.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate and Cherries
Makes about 10 cups
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 1 cup pitted and chopped cherries, divided
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate, divided
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds until sugar dissolves. Add ¼ cup chopped cherries and ¼ cup chopped chocolate to milk mixture.
- Pour into a 2½-quart ice-cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Ice cream will be soft.
- Add remaining ¾ cup cherries and ¾ cup dark chocolate, stirring to combine. Divide evenly between 2 (2-quart) freezer-safe airtight containers. Freeze until firm, 4 hours.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!