Vanilla Bean Pound Cake
Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape seeds from vanilla beans into batter; add vanilla extract, and beat to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack, and let cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!