This sweet treat—a scrumptious vanilla bean pound cake—features a delectable golden crust and a moist, tender center that will make it your new go-to dessert in any season.
Vanilla Bean Pound Cake
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape seeds from vanilla beans into batter; add vanilla extract, and beat to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack, and let cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/