Vanilla Mini Cupcakes topped with edible confetti add a bit of flair to any occasion.
Vanilla Mini Cupcakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup extra-fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups cake flour*
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla Buttercream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: pearlescent sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 48 mini muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and extra-fine sugar with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Using a levered 2-teaspoon scoop, drop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until very lightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in center come out clean, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Place Vanilla Buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #1M), and pipe a rosette on top of each cupcake. Garnish with pearlescent sugar, if desired. Refrigerate in a covered container until serving time.
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, and salt with a mixer at high speed until combined. Use immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!