This scrumptious Vegetable Red Lentil Soup, garnished with croutons, comes together in no time at all.
Vegetable Red Lentil Soup
Makes 4 quarts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (32-ounce) containers vegetable broth
- 2½ cups red lentils (about 1 pound)
- Garnish: croutons, flat-leaf parsley
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add onion, celery, and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add curry and cumin, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 30 minutes. Garnish with croutons and parsley, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!