There’s no better way to celebrate National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day (October 21) than by baking these indulgent treats featured in our October 2022 issue. Warm and velvety and bursting with fall’s signature flavors, each mini cheesecake is finished with a delicate dollop of whipped cream.
- 1 cup finely ground gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Garnish: whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a small bowl, combine ground cookies, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and butter. Stir well. Press cookie mixture evenly into bottoms of 4 (4.5-inch) mini springform pans. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, remaining ¾ cup granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until well blended and smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. At low speed, add eggs, one at a time, until just blended.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cream cheese mixture, pumpkin, brown sugar, cornstarch, and pumpkin pie spice; stir until well blended.
- Alternately add spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture and pumpkin mixture evenly on top of crust in each pan. Using a knife, swirl batters together.
- Bake until centers are almost set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Run a metal spatula coated with cooking spray around sides of pans to loosen cakes from rims. Let cool 45 minutes on a wire rack. Remove rims and carefully transfer cakes to serving dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Serve warm.
Discover seasonal recipes, inspiring style ideas, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!