This tantalizing Warm Mushroom Salad boasts sliced prosciutto, feta, and candied walnuts.
Warm Mushroom Salad
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1 (3-ounce) package sliced prosciutto
- 1½ pounds assorted fresh mushrooms*
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup chopped candied walnuts
- ¾ cup sliced sweet onion (about ¼ inch thick)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place prosciutto slices in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake until crisp and browned, about 8 minutes. Remove parchment and prosciutto from pan. Set aside.
- Slice larger mushrooms in half lengthwise. On the same pan, combine mushrooms, 5 tablespoons olive oil, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, tossing to coat well.
- Bake mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until reduced in size, brown, and soft, about 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, cheese, and walnuts. Tear prosciutto into bite-size pieces and add to spinach mixture. Add mushrooms, tossing to combine.
- In a medium skillet, heat remaining ¼ cup oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, honey, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle warm vinaigrette over spinach mixture. Using tongs, toss spinach mixture until well coated with vinaigrette and spinach leaves are lightly wilted. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!