Watercress Salad with Asparagus and Prosciutto
Write a review
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages prosciutto, chopped
- ½ pound pencil asparagus, tough ends removed and cut in half
- 2 (4-ounce) bags watercress, stemmed
- 1 (12-ounce) container gourmet medley tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4-ounce) container goat cheese crumbles
- Chive Vinaigrette
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and crispy.
- Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- On each of 4 salad plates, divide watercress, asparagus, prosciutto, tomatoes, and goat cheese. Drizzle with Chive Vinaigrette just before serving.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/