Watermelon and lemon juice blend to create a refreshing sherbet that’s perfect for the sultry days of summer.
Makes about 3 cups
- 6 cups cubed and seeded watermelon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Garnish: sliced watermelon, lemon slices
- In a blender, process watermelon until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing with a spatula until you have 3 cups of juice. Discard solids. Add sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice, and salt to watermelon juice, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in half-and-half. Refrigerate until very cold, about 3 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer; process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened before serving. Scoop into dishes. Garnish with watermelon and lemon slices, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!