Put a fresh spin on wintertime meals with this simple and flavorful White Bean and Kale Soup.
White Bean and Kale Soup
Makes 12 to 16 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 quarts vegetable broth
- 4 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound kale, ribs removed and chopped
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for
- 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add onion; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable broth, beans, potatoes, carrot, celery, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add kale; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until kale is tender.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!