This classic White Bean Soup with Rosemary pairs well with a side of cornbread.
White Bean Soup with Rosemary
Makes 2 to 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnish: fresh rosemary leaves, shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a small Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine, cooking until almost fully evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, beans, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed, about 15 minutes. Using the back of spoon, mash some of beans to thicken slightly. Garnish with rosemary and Parmesan, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!